This interdisciplinary, creative, economical, safe and easy to access path makes use of paper for music purposes.
Starting from the timbre-acoustic analysis of paper, the path promotes its use with the aim to make innovative musical instruments and sonorous objects through the ancient art of origami.
The creation and use of the Origami Orchestra offers the possibility to discover and understand the sonorous universe, benefitting immediately from the joy of making music together.
The path promotes active participation in the music experience, and the direct knowledge of musical instruments, as well as the development of key competences and manual and creative abilities.
The activity has had positive outcomes with regard to school drop-out recovering minors at risk, and to music-therapy. It has been experienced with success in various primary schools, lower secondary schools and upper secondary schools, and it has been presented at international conferences.
Paper (various types),
Pieces of paper with format A4, A3, A5
The skills, goals and training objectives selected by the teacher for this experience are shown below.
The students learn how to:
- explore, identify and classify sounds and instruments;
- explore the various timbre-acoustics, rhythmic and expressive possibilities of paper;
- identify the parameters of sound;
- listen to themselves and others;
- decipher, invent and write instructions, symbols and diagrams;
- make musical instruments using only paper;
- use paper for music purposes.
|Presentazione della buona pratica||Download|
|Approfondimenti, bibliografia e link utili||Download|