The educational path focuses on Igor Stravinsky's “The Rite of Spring” and is divided into two closely related parts: a first activity of listening and comprehension, a second activity of production. In the first part, through the listening activity, the students learn to grasp and describe the most salient musical aspects of some exemplary passages. In the second part, students make a short musical elaboration through the online software soundtrap.com
The listening activity was conducted in the classroom with the desks positioned in front of the IWB. The production part took place in a computer lab equipped with one computer every two students. The students worked in pairs sharing the audio output from the PC through their earphones.
Examples of online apps:
The skills, goals and training objectives selected by the teacher for this experience are shown below.
- Sound perception
- Reading and Writing
- Use of unconventional analogic music notation
Lower secondary school
- Understands and evaluates events, materials, and musical works recognising their meanings, also in relation to his/her own musical experience and the different historical/sociological context.
- Actively participating in music experiences through the execution and the interpretation of vocal and instrumental music pieces belonging to different genres and cultures.
- Capacity to conceive and create music and multimedia messages, also though improvisation or collective elaboration processes, using also IT tools, in critical confrontation with models belonging to the musical heritage
- Reading and Writing
- Integrating one’s own music experience with other knowledge and practices using appropriate codes and codification systems
- distinguishes timbre and dynamic differences
- relates aspects of music and staging of the ballet taken into consideration (choreography, set design and costumes)
- recognises, in the piece under examination, structural aspects, such as the “ostinato”, the superposition of dissonant parts and the presence of rhythmic elements with irregular accentuation
- designs and realises a personal reworking of the piece taken into consideration starting from some sound fragments
- develops a graphic representation to design the overall structure of the composition. Uses the graphical interface of a multitrack audio software to plan and modify the sound signature of a piece