The aim of this educational path was to investigate the sound as a physical phenomenon and as an expressive-communication ‘object’. Starting from a musical piece that triggered specific emotions, the aim was to disassemble it in its constituent parts and try to discover the secrets of musical communication. With no claim of holding the truth, the path aimed at exploring, in a more conscious way, the musical language that is so present in the students’ lives.
In order to realize the project, different school environments were used: the music classroom, a quite large space with not much furniture; the classrooms of the classes involved, for the phase dedicated to the reformulation of the contents, and the theatrical space for the realization of the final performance. The materials used included: multimedia devices - PC, IWB, sound system, digital recorder – and rhythmic and melodic musical instruments. For the final event, the students used: felt-tipped pens, carboard and colored ribbons.
For the cymatics experiment we used: a bowl, a Bluetooth speaker, plastic wrap, a rubber band, kitchen salt and an App that generates tones.
The skills, goals and training objectives selected by the teacher for this experience are shown below.
The students learned how to:
- listen actively and consciously
- recognize and identify sound parameters when listening (pitch, timbre, duration and intensity)
- identify the expressive function of sound parameters
- recognize the structure of easy pieces when listening
- grasp and verbalize the emotions felt when listening to the pieces proposed
- perform simple rhythms and melodies with the voice, the body (body percussion), objects and musical instruments easy to use
- recognize simple rhythms written with the conventional notation
- play ‘all together’ coordinating their movements with each other
- participate in an effective and active way in collective activities
- manage their emotional reactions during the performance
The students acquired:
- the ability to listen
- attention, concentration, memorization
- the ability to dialogue and cooperate
|Presentazione della buona pratica||Download|