Soundscapes in the 900’s
The project "Soundscapes of the Lecce area in the 900’s: between the mountain and the river" developed as a proposal for school-territory integration that promoted the collaboration between primary schools, lower secondary schools and rest homes of the territory on the theme of sound landscape. The sounds of the past, remembered and narrated by the people who experienced them, met the contemporary soundscape of the neighbouring area, selected by the students and filtered through their sensitivity.
Software used: Audacity.
Open source audio editing software distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPLv2).
Digital recorder (we recommend Zoom H2N or similar model - not lower sized).
Audio system 2 + 1 (Logitech Z-623, 200 Watt or similar system not less powerful).
Mini jack splitters, headphones Bespeco brand, Soundsation brand headphones.
Finalità didattiche -- DA TRADURRE
Si riportano di seguito le competenze, i traguardi e gli obiettivi formativi selezionati dal docente per questa esperienza. -- DA TRDURRE
- Sound perception
- Reading and Writing
- Use of unconventional analogic music notation
Lower secondary school
- Actively participating in music experiences through the execution and the interpretation of vocal and instrumental music pieces belonging to different genres and cultures.
- Reading and Writing
- Using different notation systems functional to reading, analysis and reproduction of pieces of music
- recognises sound quality in the exploration of individual sounds of the environment or in the most complex soundscapes
- chooses the sounds to be recorded isolating them from the soundscape
- decodes a sound landscape into its main structural elements
- groups the sounds of the landscape according to defined categories
- describes the sounds of the environment by examining its different components
- knows the basic elements and categories of the sound landscape
- uses the terminology that describes the sounds of the sound landscape correctly and uses it to communicate his/her own thoughts
- knows how to place soundscapes in its historical and social context
- uses the PC as a (musical) instrument capable of expressing one's ideas and emotions
- Elaborates a sound, an idea, a theme, a space or a story in music, alone and in a group
- organises the sounds of the landscape in a new musical form, alone and in small or large groups
- represents the space-time relationship of the soundscape using different shapes such as sound charts (sonograms), maps, oscillographic and spectrographic visualizations