he aim of this educational path was to draw students closer to opera, a musical form considered too difficult and distant from their reality and their listening skills. In order to capture the students’ attention, the path did not start from musical aspects, but from narrative elements. In fact, the first activity carried out was the narration of a plot that often is as intriguing and complex as a TV fiction. The students were then introduced to a fascinating aria full of pathos. At that point, the objective was achieved! The path allowed to integrate other subjects and arts, allowing to develop in students critical and analysis skills. The path was based on collaborative learning, instrumental practice, development of multimedia contents and of synthesis and gamification, all ingredients necessary to keep the students actively involved and their attention high.
In order to carry out the path, it is necessary to have an IWB, because the opera has to be also viewed. The methodology used is remarkably favored by the use of technology, with the introduction of the method “Bring Your Own Device” when the school does not have the possibility to provide devices. In order to view the multimedia products and realize cooperative learning activities, it is necessary to be connected to the Internet. Shared spaces in Cloud and free Apps are necessary (for example Padlet, Mentimeter, Timeline, Popplet lite or Cmap, Kahoot, Learningapss, Imovie or Vivavideo, etc.), allowing for interaction in real time, gamification and the collection of web links. It is necessary to have a proper space for the instrumental activity.
Si riportano di seguito le competenze, i traguardi e gli obiettivi formativi selezionati dal docente per questa esperienza. -- DA TRDURRE
The students learned how to:
- recognize the social functions of music, even with regard to other languages
- perform instrumental, monodic and polyphonic pieces, of different genres and styles, both individually and in group
- recognize musical styles and forms when listening
- participate in group performances with melodies and harmonies performed with various instruments proposing personal solutions concerning the structure of the performance
- grasp and reformulate messages (emotions, situations, characters, historical periods) listening to proper pieces proposed by the teacher
- find and choose digital contents on the Internet, proving to understand the various multimedia language messages and the ability to produce personal ones
- use specific music Apps and the combination of different media
- manage roles, rules and relations within a working group