A choir in every school
Why do we need a choir in every school? The school choir is the public face of an institution, is the chance to show in a natural and immediate way each one’s potentials including their emotional and relational world. A small world where civil cohabitation rules, respect of the other and of each one’s pace become necessary and essential starting points to initiate an all-round educational-formative music path, an occasion to express one’s own emotions, potentials and musicality. The chants proposed differ by genre, style and culture and are often integrated by body language. The youths involved belong to the three classes of lower secondary school.
There is no special technical equipment requirement apart from a keyboard or a piano
Si riportano di seguito le competenze, i traguardi e gli obiettivi formativi selezionati dal docente per questa esperienza.
- Sound perception
- Use of conventional analogic music notation
Secondaria di I grado
- Distinguishes various sound parameters and melodic profiles, establishing their relationship, within the passage proposed
- Recognises the function of a piece, its formal and musical characteristics in order to improve his/her performance, also involving movement
- Searches data, compares the structure and formal aspects of the piece of music
- Compares different styles and genres from both a historical and a vocal point of view. Explores and searches for the right vocality, suitable for the piece to be performed
- Reproduces pieces of different genres and styles, either by decoding music notation or by mnemonic learning
- He/she knows how to organise himself/herself in the temporal and physical space both during the rehearsals and during the group performances
- improvises gestures, sounds or body percussion on tracks given, respecting the rules shared by the group
- elaborates sound effects and rhythmic accompaniment with instruments and movement