The project focuses on a first phase of initiation/exploration of the soundscape developed through listening and documenting the sounds of the school environment (inside and outside sounds) and then those of the neighbourhood. This first phase of the path concludes with the creation of a sound map. The second phase is the creation of a laboratory for the composition of electric-acoustic music which starting from recorded materials produces students’ original compositions.
Augmented classroom, that is 3.0
“Soundscape” can be developed in any educational environment which enables group work and is “augmented” through technological resources. Ideally, in the final phase the classroom 3.0 would be used for the “sound strolls”. Co-teaching is also advisable.
- IWB and sound system of good quality.
- Wi-Fi connection.
- e-learning platform and/or cloud resources.
- Software and web tools (see project).
- Devices (BYOD, mobile cart or Classroom 3.0).
Si riportano di seguito le competenze, i traguardi e gli obiettivi formativi selezionati dal docente per questa esperienza.
- Sound perception
- Use of unconventional analogic music notation
Secondaria di I grado
- is able to concentrate on the conscious perception of the sounds of a sound landscape, distinguishing its components
- discriminates the main characteristics of a soundscape based on the main parameters of the sound (pitch, timbre, intensity, duration)
- attributes an expressive value to the sounds of the sound landscape
- knows how to appreciate musical compositions based on the idea of sound experimentation, identifying their expressive values
- follows the compositional evolution of short electronic musical pieces of various musical genres, distinguishing the main timbre components and their treatment
- distinguishes the types of sounds present in a sound landscape (natural, produced by living beings, artificial)
- relates the sounds of a sound environment with the relative social, cultural, historical, psychological and health aspects (acoustic ecology)
- is able to grasp the artistic experimentation approach in other artistic fields
- knows some techniques and some basic processes of electronic music production
- records the sounds of the environment with electronic devices by collecting them in a digital library
- participates in the creation of a sound map
- participates in the composition of a piece of electronic music
- creates a video with static images and sound background
- designs an electronic composition using Soundtrap
- uses audio-visual editing programmes